[ih] Interprocess Communication

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Thu May 12 11:58:11 PDT 2022

MQTT has been around for a while.  I think it was originated at IBM.
It's now widely used for communications between processes in various
"Internet Of Things" scenarios.   E.g., my model railroad uses it, and
my home automation system as well.   It is message-based rather than
using a connection or circuit, can use formats such as JSON to organize
the data, and runs over the Internet.

See https://mqtt.org/

Jack