[ih] Steve Casner

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Tue Jul 5 12:21:43 PDT 2022

What sad news indeed.

And i do not know how old Steve was, but it looks like maybe just 11 years older
than myself, and that very sadly sounds way too early. I hope he did not have
any lenghy, painfull health issue.

I had the pleasure and privilege to work a bit with Steve after i joined Cisco in 1999,
and i inherited a bit the networking/multicast deployment issue for customers
that where all running Cisco IPTV. That was the relabelled Precept IPTV, and
Precept was the company that Steve worked for before 1999 and Cisco AFAIK bought
primarily because of the IPTV products. I am pretty sure that we did also use that
solution in our IETF remote attendance solutions suite when we used multicast for remote
attendants.

(https://medium.com/@sarshamir/history-of-iptv-8c4133a6a572  is a quick Precept summary).

Sadly,
    Toerless