[ih] distributed network control: Usenet

vinton cerf vgcerf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:49:22 PDT 2021

The fuzzball net arrived about 1986 at 50Kb/s - congested quickly and the
IBM/MCI/MERIT version of NSFNET launched in 1988 at 1.5 Mb/s

I am not aware of any involvement of BBN in either the fuzzball network or
the subsequent NSFNET except that presumably Mills implemented EGP. BGP
doesn't arrive until 1989 and as I recall, Yakov Rekhter of IBM and Keith
Loughead at Cisco wrote RFC 1105 describing it.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 8:02 PM Jack Haverty via Internet-history <