[ih] Funny how things work out

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Jan 31 21:43:31 PST 2021

On 1/31/21 9:24 PM, John Levine via Internet-history wrote:
> The root server operators have no problem with the current size of
> the root zone, and have much more of an issue with the vast number
> of garbage queries that they get.

I would like to see more effort to reduce the number of garbage queries
that the real root servers get.

A couple options come to mind, and I'd like to see more people do one or
both of these.

RFC 6303 - Locally Served DNS Zones
RFC 7706 - Running Root on Loopback

I'd really like to see 6303 become a default in mainstream DNS server
software.  I believe BIND does some, if not all, of the 6303 zones.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die