[ih] Update on filtered list posts

Dan Lynch dan at lynch.com
Tue Sep 15 16:03:36 PDT 2020

Those tapes existed for a while, but I’m sure those 7 track tapes are long gone.

As a check on whether they really were in existence when I took over the management at ISI in 1980 I put in a request to retrieve all the old email for Bob Kahn, who was the head of IPTO then and my real boss. It took a week or so but it happened and I asked Bob to peruse them to see if they were ok. Passed!

But I’m sure all those tapes are in landfill somewhere. They were not classified, so no protection there. I know Vint has expressed worry/interest in this issue of digital archives.

Dan

Cell 650-776-7313