[ih] Update on filtered list posts

Joseph Touch touch at strayalpha.com
Tue Sep 15 15:59:29 PDT 2020

Hi, Jack,

> On Sep 15, 2020, at 3:51 PM, Jack Haverty via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>
> Before going down the path to find an alternate route for these
> discussions to reach History, maybe Joe can describe what the ISOC's
> position is on this kind of content they host (or other stuff for that
> matter).
>
> E.g., will this list be archived "forever"?   Will the contents always
> be free for future people to search/access?

To the extent we know today, yes, but nobody signed any sort of contract to that effect. I don’t even know what it would mean if they had.

But I did ask when we moved to this site.

> What will happen if/when
> the ISOC disappears, e.g. do they have some arrangement for the future
> with some other organization?

That I have no idea, but that’s equivalent to asking the Computer History Museum the same question. Museums have come and gone too.

Joe