[ih] Update on filtered list posts

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Tue Sep 15 15:51:37 PDT 2020

Before going down the path to find an alternate route for these
discussions to reach History, maybe Joe can describe what the ISOC's
position is on this kind of content they host (or other stuff for that
matter).

E.g., will this list be archived "forever"?   Will the contents always
be free for future people to search/access?  What will happen if/when
the ISOC disappears, e.g. do they have some arrangement for the future
with some other organization?

My sense of deja vu reminds me of the early days (40+ years ago) when
many mailing lists and archives were maintained on USC-ISIA on the
ARPANET.  There were lots of great debates and discussions on forums
like HEADER-PEOPLE, TCP-IP-WG, and many others that held a lot of History.

But when ISIA disappeared, the archives seem to have gone with it.  Like
much other now-historical material - even the "important" messages I put
into the Datacomputer for longevity.

Unless there's some ancient boxes of tapes in Dan's basement...

/Jack