[ih] inter IMP hackery [was Recently restored and a small ARPANET was run using simulated IMP hardware, ]

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Mon Sep 7 11:15:35 PDT 2020

I too would be interested in learning more.  I believe the IBM 729 mod IV
tape drive operated at 112.5 inches per second.  High density tapes were
556 chars/inch, where a character was six bits.  That works out to 62,500
chars/sec or 375,000 bits/sec.  It would be interesting to know the
transfer rate between MTIPs.

Steve