[ih] NCP, TCP/IP question

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 04:16:28 PDT 2020

The early Illinois NCPs (for ANTS) were written in PEESPOL, PDP-11 Espol. The language created Dave Grothe based on Burros ESPOL, their operating system language which was a derivative of Algol.

The first UNIX NCP (1975) was written in C for the Illinois PDP-11/45, all of the TCPs (for PDP-11/45, 70, and VAX) were in C.

There is a paper from 1972 by Metcalfe on writing NCPs. I will have to find it and see what language that was.

Take care,
John