[ih] byte order, was Octal vs Hex, not Re: Dotted decimal notation

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Thu Dec 31 12:58:28 PST 2020

yup, port 21 (octal),
viz. EXCERPTing:
ASSIGNED NUMBERS
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc755
[...]
Specific Assignments:

         Network Standard Functions

         Decimal   Octal     Description                      References
         -------   -----     -----------                      ----------
         1         1         Old Telnet                              [6]
         3         3         Old File Transfer                   [7,8,9]
         5         5         Remote Job Entry                     [1,10]
         7         7         Echo                                   [11]
         9         11        Discard                                [12]
         11        13        Who is on or SYSTAT
         13        15        Date and Time
         15        17        Who is up or NETSTAT
         17        21        Short Text Message
[...]
:D