[ih] UDP Length Field?

Joseph Touch touch at strayalpha.com
Sun Dec 6 21:19:02 PST 2020

Hi, all,

Some additional info:

> On Dec 5, 2020, at 9:18 AM, Noel Chiappa via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>
>> From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed at deepplum.com <mailto:dpreed at deepplum.com>>
>
>> I assume the IEN's are available filed away in historical archives,
>> perhaps those maintained at the "Postel Center" Joe Touch was building?

The center site hasn’t been maintained since I left ISI over 3 yrs ago; it’s actually fallen offline multiple times. That’s the main motivation for moving this list to the ISOC.

> Yes, at:
>
>  https://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien-index.html <https://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien-index.html>
>
> Most of them are original ASCII (from the ISI repository),

They weren’t “original” ASCII - that was long gone. The files were OCI of the PDF scans with manual final checking done at ISI.

Chris Edmonson-Yurkanan did help oversee that process when she was a Postel Center visiting scholar, which was performed by ISI staff and student interns.

Joe