[ih] UDP Length Field?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Dec 5 09:18:02 PST 2020

    > From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed at deepplum.com>

    > I assume the IEN's are available filed away in historical archives,
    > perhaps those maintained at the "Postel Center" Joe Touch was building?

Yes, at:

  https://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien-index.html

Most of them are original ASCII (from the ISI repository), but a few are PDF
scans of hardcopies, when the original machine-readable versions couldn't be
located. (Thanks to Chris? ??, a computing historian, I think at UT, for
providing the scans; sadly, I seem to recall that we lost her a couple of
years ago.) I typed in #19 from a hard-copy I appened to have; I think the
original it was Press file, produced with Bravo!

>From a quick look, they are all there, except #33, "Internet Meeting Notes -
1&2 May 1978", which would be valuable to have; if anyone has it, please sing
out!

        Noel