[ih] bounce notifications and archive status

Joe Touch via Internet-history internet-history at elists.isoc.org
Thu Nov 7 07:18:09 PST 2019

Hi, all,

I think the problem MAY be identified.

We had been using the Mailman defaults, which forward messages FROM the original recipient.

This has two effects:
- it CAN cause people’s emails to bounce, unsubscribing them (thus the notes)
- it causes list traffic to show up as spam because it fails DMARC checks

I changed the setting and will reset all the bounce-disable accounts. Let’s see if that’s better.

Thanks, BTW, to Clem Cole for noting this and providing the info needed to debug.

Joe (as list admin)