[ih] Internet/Wireless Principle of Levelness

Andrew G. Malis via Internet-history internet-history at elists.isoc.org
Sun Nov 10 07:14:20 PST 2019

Not true, at least now in the US. You can buy an unlocked phone of
your choice (as I did), and as long as it supports the required
frequencies, you can just get a SIM from any of the US carriers for the
phone. If you want to use a carrier's installment plan to pay for the
phone, then they have the right to give it to you SIM-locked. Once it's
been paid off, you can request the carrier to remove the SIM lock.

Cheers,
Andy