[ih] Internet/Wireless Principle of Levelness

Jack Haverty via Internet-history internet-history at elists.isoc.org
Mon Nov 11 17:56:38 PST 2019

I also have Comcast (Nevada City, CA), for Voice, TV, and Internet
@~150Mbps (higher speeds available at more $s but why bother), all
delivered over the coax feed into the house.  Much much better than the
Direcway/DirecTV/Exede for satellite TV/Internet and ATT/landline for
voice at previous residence.

However, all 3 Comcast services go away almost exactly 3 hours after the
electric power in CA is shut off, and come back when the power returns,
making my UPS/battery/generator setup that keeps all of *my* equipment
running less useful.  With 5 separate recent data points it's been
pretty consistent.   I'm guessing that says how long Comcast's batteries
last....

There is more to Internet services than Speed.  Latency and Reliability
come to mind, but nobody I've found specs those.

/Jack