[ih] SDC IMP?

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Mon Mar 11 22:41:11 PDT 2019

Some very early maps of the ARPAnet show an IMP at SDC (System
Development Corporation) in Santa Monica.

However, during my time there (roughly 1971 through 1980) I never saw
hide nor hair of one (and given that our group under Clark Weissman and
Gerry Cole was the group involved with these sorts of things, we would
have been the group that would most likely have known about it.)

Does anyone know more about the SDC IMP?  Did it actually exist? If so,
any details?

         --karl--