[ih] Internet or internet i

Joe Touch touch at strayalpha.com
Mon Mar 11 18:55:16 PDT 2019

FYI - this was an issue a long time ago, when a banking company claimed ownership of the word for their ATM (money, not cells) system. There was some deal with the ISOC, but I don’t recall the details.

I still use Internet to refer to the one that uses IANA-assigned addresses and ICANN-coordinated DNS. Everything else that uses IP protocols is - to me - an internet, and always will be.

I do understand that the associated press don’t understand the difference, but that IMO just makes them both ignorant and wrong, not right.

Joe