[ih] Early use of the "Internet" term (1977)

Larry Press lpress at csudh.edu
Fri Jun 14 09:49:01 PDT 2019

John Day wrote:

> I am sure there are other early examples of “PC-like” things.

The LINC and LGP-30 were "PC-like" -- personal, but not desktop.

When I was a student, you could reserve 15-minute "happy time" shots on Sundays when you operated a 7090 yourself. I guess it was PC-like for those 15 minutes :-).

The first time I touched a timesharing system (QUICKTRAN) felt totally personal.

My first desktop PC was an S-100 CP/M computer with 8" floppies -- you could own your own tools.

Larry