[ih] DMARC [was "Father of e-Marketing"]

Andrew G. Malis agmalis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 05:02:07 PDT 2019

There is no reason to ever phase out IPv4 with private addresses. The
biggest issue with IPv4 is the lack of new routable address space, which we
have with IPv6. So backbones will become first dual-stack and then
IPv6-only, tunneling IPv4 as necessary (T-Mobile USA is an example of the
latter, see
https://www.internetsociety.org/resources/deploy360/2014/case-study-t-mobile-us-goes-ipv6-only-using-464xlat/
). As Brian says, interworking works so well that there's really no reason
to sunset v4 at the edge even after the core is completely v6-only. The
real flag day will be when global BGP route distribution becomes V6-only.

Cheers,
Andy