[ih] Does anybody have the figures from RFC872?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 19:32:41 PDT 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:53 PM Brian E Carpenter <
brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:

> All the on-line versions of RFC872 that I've found are the same text-only
> version. But this is rather frustrating since: 'Figure 1 and Figure 2 might
> be all that need be "said."  Their moral is meant to be that in
> ARPANET-style layering, layers aren't monoliths.'
>
> The figures 'may be obtained by writing to:  Mike Padlipsky, MITRE
> Corporation, P.O. Box 208, Bedford, Massachusetts, 01730, or sending
> computer mail to Padlipsky at USC-ISIA.' but I thought that asking here
> might be more successful.

Sadly yes, ISI hasn't rerouted his email to forward to me , and what's left
of MITRE is unlikely to remember.
I have been remiss in not getting Mike's files sorted, converted, and
posted for posterity yet.
I suspect the figs in RFC872 are similar to the Tea Bag Paper "Arpanet
Reference Model" and thus were redrawn for the book, but I can't be certain.

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux