[ih] DMARC [was "Father of e-Marketing"]

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jun 5 04:48:17 PDT 2019

John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> >IMHO, the simplest effective anti-spam technique is an economic one.  If
> >it cost even a tiny fraction of a cent per addressee to send an email,
> >I'd expect there to be a lot less spam. ...
>
> Here is a white paper I wrote 16 years ago about why e-postage is a bad
> idea.  It's still a bad idea.
>
> https://www.taugh.com/epostage.pdf

Also relevant is ["proof-of-work" proves not to work] (from 2004) which
includes economic arguments amongst others:

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rnc1/proofwork2.pdf

Tony.
Cromarty, Forth, Tyne: Cyclonic 3 to 5, becoming variable 3 or less. Slight or
moderate. Thundery showers later. Good, occasionally poor.