[ih] Fwd: When did "32" bits for IP register as "not enough"?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:35:10 PST 2019

Vint says
> not so richard. By 1983, DOD had officially endorsed OSI.

Indeed.
DoD formal endorsement of OSI was Mike Padlipsky's cross to bear.
His portion of our Department at MITRE was on the DODIIS procurement.
(DODIIS was the compartmented secure fork of the MILNET fork of the DARPA
Internet for "the community".)
"They" were very unhappy with his pointed commentary on ISO OSI not being
ready for real use, let alone being "bad art".
Luckily his pointedest papers were approved for public release in 1982.

I erred in replying off-list over the weekend -- remedied below.

--
Bill Ricker
The Literary Estate of M.A.P.