[ih] Review: Yasha Levine's "Surveillance Valley"

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Thu Jul 5 14:24:20 PDT 2018

One needs to be careful how one defines ‘something that would have been accessible to an individual’ in those days.  ;-)  The same with the PDP-11. (It didn’t have the /20 designation yet.)  Was the machine bought and paid for by an individual? No.  Did an individual have free access to do whatever they wanted with the machine on company or your own time? Not uncommon at all.  We had a PDP-11 in 1970 it pretty well belonged to us. Management had no idea what it was.  ;-)