[ih] AFIPS 1970 Joint Computer Conference set of ARPANET papers

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Nov 27 10:05:53 PST 2016

    > From: Alex McKenzie

    > Two papers I remember fro the 1972 booklet ... If anyone can remember
    > the approximate titles or authors of the other 3 papers

Might one of them have been:

  McQuillan, Crowther, Cosell, Walden, Heart, "Improvements in the Design and
  Performance of the ARPA Network"

That's the one that describes (IIRC) among other things the changes to the
re-assembly buffer algorithm to prevent lock-ups; it's one of the most
important ARPANET papers, IMO. That was from the 1972 FJCC, I don't know if
the '72 booklet included papers from the Fall conference, or just the Spring.

	Noel