[ih] more bounce management, was update about bogus list unsubcribe requests

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sat Aug 27 09:08:09 PDT 2016

>> One optimization is to save a crypto-hash of the message body along with the spam/virus score. If you get 2nd or subsequent
>copies of the same message body, you can skip the heavy-weight processing of the message contents.
>>

>Any idea how common that is?

I doubt anyone does it.  The amount of mail from discussion lists like
this one is a very tiny fraction of mail volume, although it is mail
that the recipients care deeply about.  They get vastly more mail from
commercial mailers that customize each message per recipient so hashes
wouldn't help.

R's,
John