[ih] No, really, I want to stay subscribed

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Tue Aug 23 22:03:28 PDT 2016

Come to think of it, perhaps you might check the subscriber list for
anything that looks like:

smtp01.vaderetro-safeunsubscribe.com [92.103.69.35]

and remove it!

Now, if some subscriber is automatically vectoring messages through some
kind of unsubscription service, finding that subscriber might be just a
tad harder.

(well, it comes back as 403 Forbidden)

The whois shows this as owned by some French company that offers yet
another email security program - one that obviously makes things worse
for the world.  Perhaps you might drop them an email - see if anyone
responds.  Seems like their system is attacking the list.

Domain Name: vaderetro-safeunsubscribe.com
Registry Domain ID: 1686009255_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.ovh.com
Registrar URL: http://www.ovh.com
Updated Date: 2015-10-28T09:45:30.0Z
Creation Date: 2011-11-07T13:57:12.0Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-11-07T13:57:12.0Z
Registrar: OVH, SAS
Registrar IANA ID: 433
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse at ovh.net
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +33.972101007
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Vade Retro Technology
Registrant Organization: Vade Retro Technology
Registrant Street: avenue antoine pinay
Registrant City: hem
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 59510
Registrant Country:  FR
Registrant Phone: +33.328328328
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +33.328328329
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: uku0shwwfp3xze6a91lu at l.o-w-o.info
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Vade Retro Technology
Admin Organization: Vade Retro Technology
Admin Street: 3 avenue antoine pinay
Admin City: hem
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 59510
Admin Country:  FR
Admin Phone: +33.328328888
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +33.328328329
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: sl6mw8yiwfnf3i13lzte at f.o-w-o.info
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Vade Retro Technology
Tech Organization: Vade Retro Technology
Tech Street: 3 avenue antoine pinay
Tech City: hem
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 59510