[ih] bogus list unsubscribe requests seen

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Mon Aug 22 09:54:49 PDT 2016

Hi, all,

Activity of the sort below seems to have picked up.

AFAICT, it's correlated with posting something to the list, as if
something is scraping the list archives and issuing unsubscribes through
the web interface.

I've activated every available feature on the version of Mailman running
on our pre-2002 servers. The only news is that we do have modern
replacements being configured now, and I'm hoping that the updated
software has more options that help prevent this (e.g., CAPTCHA to issue
unsubscribe). I won't know until the servers are upgraded, which won't
be for a few more months, though.

For now, the same advice applies - if you didn't issue an unsubscribe
request, please ignore it.

Joe (as list admin)