[ih] One clarification: Re: When was Go Back N adopted by TCP

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Mon May 19 08:02:19 PDT 2014

to avoid further confusion:

With respect to TCP GBN means to do RTO handling as defined in RFC 2988
(and more recent),
i.e. we have one RTO  per CONNECTION - in contrast to one RTO per PACKET
(at least, this is my understanding of RFC 793).

Perhaps, I make a fuss of nothing, than I have to learn and to
apologize, however at the moment, this causes some confusion....

Detlef

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937