[ih] Love affairs on the very first virtual communities ?

Vincent Glad vincentglad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 13:39:06 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm a french journalist for Les Inrockuptibles (a cultural magazine).

I'm working on a paper about the story of the "online flirt", and
especially about the period before the web.

My investigation begins in wondering if there already were love affairs, on
the very first virtual communities before our french Minitel (such as the
Community Memory, Usenet, BBS or even, why not, the Arpanet)

Have anyone already been studying this specific matter, or could anyone
direct me to a research worker who has been working on it ? Otherwise, do
you know any witness of the time who knows his topic, especially a
Community Memory's user ?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent Glad.