[ih] email at scale

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon May 14 06:24:55 PDT 2012

On 5/14/2012 12:43 AM, paul vixie wrote:
> the people who are willing to put that much effort into their e-mail
> communications are few and far between. we can build for utility at
> scale, or privacy and authenticity at scale, but not both.

I think we do not have an existence proof for privacy and authenticity
at scale.

There is some foundation for believing that the issue is not a matter of
trade-offs but of state of the art, especially the human factors
(usability) art.

A common view is that good security cannot be easy to use.  It might
even be true.

d/
--
  Dave Crocker