[ih] The UCLA 360/91 on the ARPAnet/Internet

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun May 13 19:31:59 PDT 2012

On 5/13/2012 7:03 PM, Jack Haverty wrote:
> I guess the nuances of email protocol still escape me....

in case you're interested, it's just an amusing effort to enforce basic
security.  you have to use the same From: field address for posting as
you used for registering.  (Some systems let you do multiple
registrations, to permit a variety of posting addresses, but suppress
delivery on the additional ones.)  As security measures go, it's all
rather charming...

d/
--
  Dave Crocker