[ih] The UCLA 360/91 on the ARPAnet/Internet

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun May 13 07:40:59 PDT 2012

On 5/12/2012 8:28 PM, dave.walden.family at gmail.com wrote:
> Go to the UCLA Internet Archive web site.  It has scans of the log book from the Sigma 7 in those earliest days.  Various of the people mention in this discussion are noted in the log book.  Dr. Brad Fidler is the staff archivist if you want a contact there.  The archive is apparently in Boelter Hall where the IMP and Sigma 7 were.   I think the IMP is still there.

Developing and maintaining the SEX (user) Manual was one of my jobs at
the UCLA Arpanet project.  It's the only document that has co-authorship
with Vint, Jon, Charlie, Steve, and me (and others).

Alas, I don't have a snapshot of it.

As I recall, it wasn't very interesting reading.  Given how little
computer science I knew at the time, writing for it kept me up at night,
but I suspect reading it now would have the opposite effect for most folk.

d/
--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking