[ih] Hesitating to disagree with one of the fath ers of the InternetS..

Sytel sytel at shaw.ca
Thu May 10 16:24:43 PDT 2012

I'm actually a "she", but aside from that... I figured there were probably a
lot of assumptions I was making that might not apply back then, but I don't
know what exactly. Sorry about that; it's part of the reason I wanted to get
the information here...
We actually are planning on incorporating the political and social issues of
the time into the plot, but that's largely for later on, once
personified-Arpanet gets out into the world more, meets students, and
discovers that the world doesn't in fact revolve around him (yet)...
Very interested in the early uses of the network, though. What sort of
resources would be shared over it? I've heard (and this may be inaccurate)
that one of the primary reasons for inventing it was to run applications
remotely instead of recoding them for each different computer; what
applications might these have been at first?
Very useful information, especially on the NWG meetings and the attack on
the office in Illinois. Will also be looking into the Iliac IV; would this
have been connected to the ARPANET in any way?

Thanks,
Sytel