[ih] following up on some of what Noel said

Dave Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:21:46 PDT 2012

At 04:51 PM 5/10/2012, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>Then there is the actual network as implemented - and then you get the
>early versions (as documented in Heart et al. 1970 SJCC),

    You can find it
here:
<http://walden-family.com/public/1970-imp-afips.pdf>http://walden-family.com/public/1970-imp-afips.pdf

    (but I don't have permission to have this posted on my website,
so don't turn me in)

>the 'middle' version
>(McQuillan et al. 1972 FJCC) and the 'late' version

    You can find that same information plus more
at:
<http://walden-family.com/public/whole-paper.pdf>http://walden-family.com/public/whole-paper.pdf

    (ditto)

>As to the actual network, check out the original ARPA RFQ, July 29 1968
>(#DAHC15 69 Q 0002),

   I have a scan of this.  I can post it to my website if that would
be interesting.

>and then look at the BBN proposal, 6 September 1968 (IMP
>P69-IST-5).

   Coincidentally, I am having a copy of this scanned now to be
posted to my website (for an unrelated purpose).

>A January 1976 version of BBN Report 1822 is
>at:
><http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/bbn/imp/BBN1822_Jan1976.pdf>http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/bbn/imp/BBN1822_Jan1976.pdf

(This will have the message format in it.)