[ih] Hesitating to disagree with one of the fathers of the Internet…..

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu May 10 13:55:28 PDT 2012

so, we need to distinguish the subnet from the host on the ARPANET.
The latter were the subject of much debate from the participating
sites. The design of the IMP system, on the other hand was really BBN.
If you really think Mike disagreed with that, you must imply that he
had a rather odd model of what the "ARPANET" was.

vint