[ih] CSNET

Dave CROCKER dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Sep 30 13:11:45 PDT 2011

Well, I've just finished extensive changes to Wikipedia's entry for CSNet:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSNET>

It would be great for folks to review it and fix any errors you see.

d/

ps.  I am quite sure that the entry's paragraph beginning "By 1981" has
incorrect details about who was connected and the number during the first year
but I don't remember enough to fix it.

For example, the first Phonenet site I brought up was University of
Pennsylvania.  Ira Winston got MMDF running on a DEC VMS system, which was quite
an impressive and ugly feat.  It motivated him to recast MMDF into a form that
was friendly to operating systems that had expensive process invocation.  It was
called PMDF and played an important role.  (See the genealogy chart).

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking