[ih] Fwd: [IP] EFF calls for signatures from Internet Engineers against censorship

Amelia A Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Sun Dec 18 21:44:59 PST 2011

Tfu.

The bill provides a non-judicial means of action for holders of
"intellectual property."  The essence of american jurisprudence is that
it is *jurisprudence*, not private justice.  The holders of IP already
have tools for court-mandated and court-moderated handling of illegal
activity.  What they want is to bypass the unfortunate cost of going to
court, and this bill provides them that.

It's a horrible bill.  The writers have only the vaguest understanding
of the technical requirements and underpinning of the internet.  The
plaintiffs decide guilt.  This is not justice.