[ih] Fwd: [IP] EFF calls for signatures from Internet Engineers against censorship

Richard Bennett richard at bennett.com
Sun Dec 18 22:06:42 PST 2011

The bill, less amendments agreed to in committee on Thursday,  is here:

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/HR%203261%20Managers%20Amendment.pdf

If you're interested, read it and decide for yourself what it does. This
amendment post-dates the drafting of the EFF letter you were asked to
sign earlier. I think you will find that it does not declare that "the
plaintiffs decide guilt."

In particular: no domain can be blacklisted without a court order, and
no signed domain can be blacklisted at all.

RB

--
Richard Bennett