[ih] birth of the Internet?

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu Oct 28 13:05:42 PDT 2010

- there was clearly an experimental activity up until 1/1/1983. The
folks in Europe were forced to use the Packet Satellite network and
X.25 networks to access the US during 1982 at least, so it could be
that Eric Rosen was monitoring that as a operational if somewhat
experimental system? Peter Kirstein would know since he managed at
least the UK part of the operational SATNET access.