[ih] Some Questions over IPv4 Ownership

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Thu Oct 14 20:03:22 PDT 2010

On 10/14/2010 9:44 PM, John Day wrote:

> This is in the category that once it appeared that perpetual motion was
> impossible. Then they discovered the Second Law of Thermodynamics and
> knew that it really was impossible.

Is it, really?

One explanation of the Way Things Are says the universe is expanding and
will forever.  I recognize that there is an unresolved frame of
reference issue, but doesn't that suggest that stuff will be moveing in
perpetuity?

But that all is beyond my point.

Once upon a time somebody (NANPA?) said telephone numbers had
characterisitics similar to what IP addresses have today.

Given enough wantto, I can see several systems already in my experiences
(No additional inventing required).) that could be used to achieve that
(including one already in use in most IP using shops).

That was my whole point--"can't be did" is probably wrong.