[ih] Some Questions over IPv4 Ownership

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 09:49:08 PDT 2010

No, and the next thing you want to look at is the language between
Quest and ARIN or whereever they got their addresses.  They are given
a piece of address space to manage.  Theoretically, it could be
revoked at any time.  Of course, there would be severe disruption to
everyone if that were done.

To continue my previous rural analogy. it might be US States that
followed the NorthWest Ordinance, where the section grid creates an
addressing scheme for the whole state, but counties are given
sub-authority to assign addresses in the unincorporated areas of
their counties.

The thing is in this case we don't think about taking our address
with us or assigning to another plant we own 500 miles away!