[ih] invention of multicast addressing

Dave Crocker dcrocker at gmail.com
Fri May 7 11:21:27 PDT 2010

Hmmm.  I have a vague recollection of hearing that the Irvine Ring had some sort
of multicast-ish capability.  Its addressing was based on process table lookup,
rather than physical interface labels, so this seems a plausible memory.  I note
that you copied Dave.

That, of course, would pre-date the Arpanet/Internet exploration of multicasting
by a few years.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker