[ih] invention of multicast addressing

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri May 7 11:34:05 PDT 2010

On 5/7/2010 12:20, Craig Partridge wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> I'm trying to nail down when the concept of a "multicast address" came about
> (just a little citation in a larger paper I'm writing).
>
> In 1976 in the original Ethernet paper, there was unicast and broadcast.

Well, I learned something.  I didn't know multicasting ("Mutlicasting
one of the cisco books calls it) was a a layer two protocol--all I've
ever read or heard about was at layer three--specifically at IP.

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca