[ih] ARPA initial IMP-IMP line speed

Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan chris at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:23:29 PST 2004

Toru,
at this point I want to make sure which documents you have read on the
IMP hardware impl. and design... since I suggested [ih] to you.

Have you read the 1970 paper on
The interface message processor for the ARPA computer network
(by Heart, Kahn, Ornstein, Crowther, and Walden)

And the Arpanet Completion Report section on phone carriers, etc
(on my digital archive)
and the RFQ proposal? (on my digital archive)

And I expect that you would enjoy the materials that Katie Hafner donated
to the www.archive.org: (such as pieces of the BBN response to the RFQ,
and BBN's first quarterly report?) (both of which I only found today,
while searching for IMP materials for you)

Thanks, Chris

--
Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan            TAY 4.136; +1 512 471 9546  Fax: 471 8885
The University of Texas at Austin   Email addresses are: chris at cs.utexas.edu
Computer Sciences Department          or for fun: dragon at cs.utexas.edu
1 University Station C0500          URL:  www.cs.utexas.edu/users/chris/
Austin, TX   78712-0233             Fedex: please send to Taylor Hall 2.124