[ih] Re: internet-history digest, Vol 1 #120 - 2 msgs

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Wed Feb 26 12:12:59 PST 2003

  *> >>In the summer of 1990, we moved to a building just off
  *> >>campus, and in addition to the other connections listed
  *> >>above, we added a Milnet connection and other links
  *> >>including what was called the "UK Fat Pipe".  This was
  *> >>a multiplexed T1 which ran from University College London
  *> >>to NASA Goddard where some of the channels (768kb?)
  *> >>were dropped off and then the rest of the channels were
  *> >>terminated on a router connected to FIX-East.  I know that
  *> >>this wasn't the first Internet connection from the US to the UK,

See RFC 831 for information on the earliest Internet connection to
the UK.

Bob Braden