[ih] Flow Control in IP

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Tue Apr 30 17:10:48 PDT 2024

Ahh, later than I thought.

But that was what I remembered. Type 3 messages were introduced after exposure to CYCLADES and datagrams in 1972.

As I said, in my long post yesterday. The CYCLADES transport protocol already supported the UDP-like protocol. But Type 3 was necessary to have something like a datagram in the ARPANET.

Thanks,
John