[ih] ARPAnet Type 3 packets (datagrams)

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Nov 25 15:45:30 PST 2009

the type 3 packets were explicitly used for real-time packet voice and
later packet video experiments. This would have been in the 1975 time
frame (but Danny Cohen and Steve Casner would know for sure as they
were at ISI; Lincoln Labs was also involved and we used their packet
digitizers/compressors. Duane Adams managed the packet voice activity
during the time I was at DARPA so I am copying him too. I don't seem
to have steve casner's email but I think he is now at PARC.

vint