[ih] Installed base momentum (was Re: Design choices in SMTP)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Feb 13 17:25:33 PST 2023

On 2/13/2023 4:46 PM, Jack Haverty via Internet-history wrote:
> IMHO by the early 90s, TCP had already won the competition, and
> organizations everywhere were working on transitioning to the Internet

this was really by 1988.  We'd started on an OSI stack and were planning
on TCP-to-OSI transition products and started talking with customers
about their needs.

There was no interest from any of them in this, but they were quite
eager for OSI-to-TCP transition products.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking