[ih] Design choices in SMTP (custom emails per recipient)

Craig Partridge craig at tereschau.net
Thu Feb 9 08:09:04 PST 2023

Telneting to the SMTP port and hand typing email was a great source of fun
in the 1970s and 1980s.  The trick was to get all the 733/822 fields right.

As I recall, From: The Great God Almighty <....>, was common.

Though the uucp kremvax email still has to claim precedence as the best
email spoof. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kremvax).

Craig

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 8:59 AM John Lowry via Internet-history <

--
*****
Craig Partridge's email account for professional society activities and