[ih] Design choices in SMTP (custom emails per recipient)

John Lowry jhlowry at mac.com
Thu Feb 9 07:59:37 PST 2023

Another reason that I ran into when standing up mail lists for
my non-profits was to have automatic handling of bounced emails.
My open source CRM app/database can insert tags and records
into email.  If mail gets returned/rejected, then there are many things
that can be done about it.

I don’t use it that way on principle but then my mailing lists are pretty small.

I distinctly remember using telnet to send email as a diagnostic for rules and
addressing, but also in a scripts to send software build results to distributed
teams.  I suppose that would be hard today and there may be “better” ways.

John